Arguably her national dish, Peru is famous for her ceviche but can you find this wonderful fishy dish London? Until 2012 it was hard but in March this year Martin Morales realized his dream and bright us Ceviche. Situated in the heart of Soho Ceviche is a must stop for anyone with a taste for Latin food. However if you cant get to town why not try this recipe at home.
- Juice of ten limes
- Fresh white fish cubed (sea bass or snapper make a good choice)
- One small red onion thinly sliced
- One small chili, finely chopped
- One large Yucca root
- One large sweet potato
- One small lettuce
1. In a large pan boil your sweet potato and yucca and cook for 20 minutes until soft. Remove from the water and leave to cool.
2. With a sharp knife chop your fish into small piece a few centimeters squared.
3. In a large mixing bowl add your chopped fish, sliced red onion, a pinch of salt, chopped chili and then pour in your lime juice making sure all the meat is submerged. Place in your fridge and leave for 30 minutes.
4. Take four deep plates and add a few lettuces leaves in the bottom. Slice your yucca and sweet potato into hearty slices and place onto of the lettuce leaves. 5. Now take your fish, whose meat should now be white, from the fridge and stir through a good handful of finely chopped cilantro.
6. Heap the marinated fish on top of the waiting potato and yucca and serve chilled with cold beer.